Friday 3 March 2017

Short Stories and Novels

I’m thrilled to bits to have a story in the latest People’s Friend Special (number 136) called ‘They Also Serve’ that I mentioned in an earlier blog post. The story means a lot to me, as it was based on my father’s time as an evacuee, so I’m delighted The Friend published it. I’ve obviously used poetic licence, but the core of the story is what happened to my father.  He's almost 87 now, but he remembers that time as if it was yesterday.

I’ve also got a story in this week’s My Weekly,  called ‘Winter’s End’. My inspiration for that story came from walking on the beach in winter, always something I love to do.  So it does just show that inspiration for stories come from just about everywhere.  Although sometimes I must admit that inspiration packs its bags and takes a holiday - I hate those times.


I've also had pick-me-up-off-the-floor EXCITING news about my novel The Cold, which, as you know from my endless posts on the subject, I’ve been blogging for Cancer Research.  I’m not sure if I can say any more than that at the moment, so better not, but I can say the news will mean I will be able to raise so much more for Cancer Research – so YAY YAY YAY.   I'll be sharing more news as soon as I can, well that's if I don't burst before that!

I’m still blogging my novel HERE if anyone would like to read it. So far I’ve raised £381 for Cancer Research – which is unbelievably AMAZING. So thank you again to everyone who has donated or helped promote my venture or helped in any way at all - you're all fantastic!








In other exciting news (as if that wasn't enough) my lovely friend Karen Clarke’s book 1 in her Beachside series is now available to buy HERE.

The Beachside Sweet Shop is a feel good rom-com, that I can vouch is a wonderful read.





6 comments:

Maria said...

Hey, Mandy, it's great to see your blogging for cancer is going well. I can't wait to buy your book when it comes out. I must update my blog post which features you.

Amanda said...

Thank you, Maria. And thank you again for all your support X

Karen said...

Thanks, Mandy :o) xx

Amanda said...

You're welcome, Karen. :-) xx

Wendy's Writing said...

It's really satisfying when you have a story published that's based on true life, isn't it. My step-daughter and new husband have provided me with four so far! Which reminds me, I'm going to be seeing them later and will hopefully come home with new story ideas. Also, I am thrilled about your novel news (but probably not as thrilled as you are!)

Amanda said...

Yes, it is satisfying, isn't it, Wendy? I hope you've come home from you step-daughter's and new husband with some more new story ideas. :-)