Thursday 26 February 2009

Writing Allsorts


I’ve stopped using my PEN name. Why keep a PEN name if it doesn’t work?

I have to say, it took me ages to pick it. I even asked my Facebook friends for ideas. (Yes, I’m back there –can’t keep away – what am I like?!)

Anyway, hundreds of suitable pen names flooded my status comment box. Well seven. But that’s a fair few for a Facebook status, I’ll have you know! Suggestions included, Billy Biro, Mark Urpen and Peter Parker. And a blogger not far from here suggested I call myself Candy Crayola. NICE! And another advised me to be careful as news of my pen name could leak. HA!

In the past, I’ve submitted short stories in my real name. And I now wonder if I should do the same when I submit my novel. I guess, the main reason I would use a pen name is privacy.
But then I know I would LOVE to see my OWN name on the cover of a novel. Difficult! Gawd, ark at me! But we have to have a dream!

I wonder, in balance, what most writers do.

Anyway, for now, I’ve put my pen names away. And will be concentrating on getting the blinking novel finished.

By the way, you know what this means don’t you? Yep, I’ve changed my blog name AGAIN, this time to ‘Writing Allsorts.’

Welcome to Writing Allsorts! Make yourself at home!

No comments: